After growing up in the country I see no more living in the country in my future. This means that I believe I will see my fair share of cute little halloween costumes in my future (they don't exactly treat-or-treat like crazy in the country).
The style of treat-or-treating in the city with mostly apartment buildings is that the kids go trick-or-treating in their building. I know crazy! I guess most apartments post a list of the apartments with candy.
I saw no list.
In my effort not to be "that" house (the one with crappy or no candy) and my desire to be "THE" house (the one with the good candy) I made sure we had candy on hand just in case we had a trick-or-treater But not just any candy...good candy. The one kids trade for. So after some searching I found this bag of laffy taffy candy. Yumm!
So, last night with my bowl of candy in hand and my little sign on the door that welcomed little trick-or-treaters I sat. And sat. And waited. And waited. And maybe snuck a few pieces of candy from the bowl.
It was a bust.
The only candy that left the bowl was what Patrick and I ate. Maybe next year we can be "THE" house to go to.
| My cheery little sign. |
| Obviously taken at the start of the evening with high hopes for a few kids. |
No comments:
Post a Comment