Thursday, November 15, 2012

fix - (verb) to detroy

I guess the rule for fixing something is to make a bigger mess first right?  Well that is exactly what happened in my kitchen yesterday!
I had a small heart attack when I saw this...apparently they had to knock part of the ceiling down to let it try before they could repair it.

After they knocked the ceiling down it just kept falling.  These little ceiling chips were all over my kitchen.  The sky really was falling.

Notice the open window...it was freezing in here while in the process of fixing it.

As if we weren't already cramped for space in the kitchen!!  Oh well I was protecting that table I worked so hard on with MY ENTIRE LIFE!

The painter (who spoke very little English) told me once it dried there would be no line...yeah right.  This is not the greatest picture, but if you look closely you can totally see a line.  In person you can see the square they painted perfectly. 

My dad would have died if he had seen these guys repair the ceiling.  Let's see there was some slapping on plaster, no need to sand, and finally slathering on paint as if there is an endless amount.  He would push the roller into the corner as hard as he could so he didn't have as much to paint in the corner (which he painted last not first dad).  Oh well, I'm thankful that it's fixed and that my kitchen is back in order. How about something doesn't break today?

No comments:

Post a Comment