Well our first holiday together as a married couple has officially become history. I thought I'd give the rundown (and some awesome pictures) of our Thanksgiving weekend.
Wednesday = Day of torture. The plan was to leave Wednesday morning. Sylvan did not give me the two hours in the evening off so therefore we were forced to wait till I was done at 6:00 to start off on our at least 6 hour trip. Our attempt to get out of Chicago proved to be impossible and thus we were set back another hour so our 6 hour trip quickly became 7. Mix that with my motion sickness almost the whole ride...yup not my idea of how this holiday weekend was suppose to start.
Thursday = Happy Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving at the Sullivan house this year. There ended up being 9 of us! It was a busy and fun house filled with lots of food and cheering for the football game. After the game ended the aunt, uncle, cousin & boyfriend headed for home or other places and then it was time for the Sullivan tradition. MoViE! Our goal was Lincoln at 6:10. After getting up to get our tickets we discovered it was sold out. We ended up settling for the 7:15 showing. In our spare time we decided to play a few games. After learning that the games gave out tickets we quickly turned into kids. We figured out which games were giving out the most tickets and played them the most. Our hour of waiting went by very fast.
Friday = BLACK FRIDAY! Mom and I decided to go out early Friday morning instead of shopping in the middle of the night since we didn't have any specific things on our list. We hit the mall at 7:30 am and ended our shopping at noon. We had an awesome time and got some great deals. My list involved getting our first Christmas tree. I got the tree and everything to decorate it for $50! I'm sure there will pictures soon to follow since I'm going to put it up this afternoon! I can't wait. The evening ended up being pretty chill at the Sullivan house. The boys out numbered the girls 3 to 2 so we did have to sit through Expendables 2...hmm boys who are impossible to destroy. Why was I watching this? I can't say I would recommend it ladies.
Saturday = Winner Day. In every way. First we went with the Shupert family to Costco...I fell in love. I am so jealous all you Rochester people who have access to such greatness! We ran out of there with a trunk full of groceries that I feel will last us forever! Costco is a winner for sure! After hanging out all afternoon it was time to get our game faces on for Matthew's hockey game. The Jaeger family ended up joining us for the fun. Matthew's team kicked butt!!! The score was 11-0. Matthew got 2 goals and 1 assist. We had a great time. Of course I got many pictures! Matthew is number 37 with the red laces.
 |
| Breakaway!! |
 |
| Final Score |
 |
| Future hockey player? |
 |
| Fun with Friends! |
 |
| Lakin was their biggest cheerleader |
 |
| Bennett was snuggled up with dad, until he realized what was happening and then he wanted to be in all the action. |
 |
| Look at my M&M's!!! |
 |
| No sleeping for this little guy. He only got upset when he couldn't see the game! |
Sunday = A day of goodbyes. The Bro-in-law took off for the airport early Sunday. We headed to church with my family and enjoyed a very good lunch at HuHot. After letting our lunches settle we took off back to Chicago at 2. If it had not been for some bad accidents mixed with lots of cars on the road, we would have made the trip in record time!
Although the weekend did not start off how I might have liked, I quickly realized this weekend how lucky we are. Both our families accept us as another kid in the bunch and we have so many good times with both. Once we finally got to MN, our trip was so relaxing and fun. A much needed vacation for all :) Family and Friends led to a whole weekend of Fun!
Great pics Amanda. Wonderful seeing you all!
ReplyDelete