Thursday, November 29, 2012

Analogies

Many of the students I work with have done or are working on analogy lessons so I thought I'd try my own.

Eating is to Full Stomach as Our Radiator is to MY DEATH

This is what the living room monster looks like

The beast started up about the middle of November.  At about midnight each night the beast wakes up and bangs over and over till about 5 or 6 am making it impossible to sleep. It's called water hammer and I would say that is quite a perfect name because that is exactly what it sounds like.  Someone banging a hammer over and over and over and over and well you get the point.

They have tried everything to fix it.  One of the maintenance guys finally admitted to me today that it probably won't get fixed till "the season is over."  Oh. My. Goodness.  So, as you crawl in bed each night this winter we're asking to send a little prayer up for sweet dreams.  I'm so nervous about how long this winter will feel with no sleep.

Filed under: when I was your age stories to tell the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment