Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Umm Mrs. Shupert?.....

OUR ROOM EXPLODED!!!

As I walked into our classroom Monday morning that is exactly what I saw!  I had failed to remember that during break we got our walls that weren't cement blocks (2 of the 4) painted.  Therefore, everything, yes I said everything, was in the middle of the classroom in one extremely large pile.  Exactly a half hour before the students walked in the door, there was no where for the students to stand let alone sit at once they once knew as their own desk.  Believe it or not though, my CT and I worked hard and got the room back into workable order before the first student walked through the door.  Talk about a crazy start!!!

I have not a single thing to complain about though.  I went into the morning expecting the worst from the students and believing that they had probably forgotten all that they had ever been taught and left their brain somewhere in the Christmas tree.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  They were perfect little angels and so much fun to be with.  Not a single student was sent to take a break and they got all 4 dollars at specialist.  My fingers are almost having a hard time typing these words because I'm so shocked.  

Now, just because the students were perfect doesn't mean there wasn't at least a little bit of madness!!  Not only was it the first day of school, but it was also the first day of the new session of the after school program.  I felt like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out which kid was going where and did someone at home know where their child was going as well as us!!!  I talked to one parent 3 times before the day was done and of course it's a parent who has a little trouble with English.  

In all that madness though, I was forced to stop for many hugs.  So many little ones telling me that they are happy to see me and missed me a lot makes my heart melt.  Today when I got back to my 1st graders after class not only did I get an applaud as soon as walking in the door, but was also engulfed with hugs around my middle. 

I think I know why God loves children...I kinda love them too ;)  Thanks for the prayers, I felt them surrounding me! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment