The past few days have flown right by with a hockey filled weekend. Friday Matt got out of school early and the whole bunch of us headed to Anoka for a hockey tournament. The drive up there seemed to set a bad tone. I think if someone was watching a movie of my family Friday they would have been screaming at the t.v. to just stay home. We got a start to our drive a little late. Once we got on the road and mom started plugging in the address to our hotel, it said it could not be found. After a nice chat with the hotel, the gps finally found where we were headed. The roads were also not in the best condition, but we just took it slow just plowed ahead. The closer we got, the more traffic there was. So imagine as I retell the car situation....traffic, more traffic, bad weather, Matt has to pee, Matt has to be fed so he has time to digest so he has energy to play, gps keeps saying we will get there later and later, dad is not concerned about the roads, mom is part crying, part laughing, and part screaming whilst having heart palpitations. 5:15 approx arrival time. We had exactly a half hour to do the following: get some food in Matt, unload things into hotel, get Matt to the rink which by the way we don't know the location of. WE MADE IT ON TIME!!! I couldn't believe it. The game however was what you would expect after all this. Horrible. I'm not sure if we left our team in traffic, but they were so not with it. It was like they forgot how to play. I would like to say I was happy to just get into bed that night, but after mom and dad started snoring I realized I shouldn't have been so excited for that either.
Luckily when you're climbing a mountain it usually only gets better. Although they didn't win their game Saturday, it was a nail bitter! I really thought they had it, but they lost by one in a shootout.
So, after a long night we all got up today and to the rink at 7am. Yes I said 7am. I guess when you're playing for the last two places in the tournament they don't really care about how early you have to play. Good news though....the team showed up!!!! They won 5-1!! They played the best they have played all season. It was a good ending to a very long climb. And although Matt didn't get any goals this weekend, he played a game today worthy of being proud of. So, now you may have fun looking at a few fun pics of the weekend....ENJOY!
 |
| After a long drive...but still upbeat! Ready for some hockey!! |
 |
| Matt is number 7 in the middle of the ice. Coming on for warm-ups. |
 |
| Coaches |
 |
| Team pow-wow before the start of the game...some good pep talking from their head coach. |
 |
| Saturday dad did a chuck-a-puck. Those are Matt's numbers. Dad didn't do so well, but he had some fun. |
 |
| Boys playing shinny in the hotel, because clearly a hockey tournament is not enough hockey! |
 |
| Matt at face-off |
 |
| Right after their first goal was score today. |
 |
| Matt ready to go!! |
 |
| Matt is the one up against the boards, just passed the puck. |
 |
| YAY DODGE!!! Right after they won!! |
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Here we go again. Hope you're ready for another week!
No comments:
Post a Comment