Tuesday, January 31, 2012

172...the clock is still ticking

The clock is still ticking so we're trying to keep checking things off as the days tick down.  As of Friday morning our wedding registry is officially started.  We began at Target.  Patrick typed our information into the computer, which was half his size, to get us started (he finally gave up and got on his knees).  Then, the lady gave us the scanner and said have fun.  We both just kind of looked at each other and said, "where do we began?"  I felt like a tiny ant who just got placed in the middle of ocean. So to say the least the whole registry thing was slightly a little a lot VERY overwhelming!!  After 2 1/2 hours we got a really good start, but gave up and decided we needed some time to think about what we just did and then pick it up again this next weekend.  We did some at Target and quite a lot at Bed Bath & Beyond.  This next weekend we'll finish up those two places and also go to JCPenny.  

Matt had two games this last weekend.  They were quite opposite as they get,  winning by 3 (at one point 7) in one game and losing by 7 in the next.  But...Matthew got a goal!!! It's only his second of the season, but very well deserved.  He's had many assists though which is good for his team, and shows how he's a great team player!

This week is going by dare I say pretty normal so far at school.  I found out on Monday though that my little friend with ringworm was not getting treatment and therefore exposed the entire class, including myself, all of last week.  I can't help but feel itchy all over when I talk about it!  Here's a little list I thought I would share of things I love to go to school for.
  • "Bye Ms. Shupert" being shouted from a car as I walk out of school (even though I was just with the girl).
  • Giving the very last piece of the puzzle to a child to finish...even though I put together most of the rest.
  • A child who tells his mom that school is the place he feels the safest.
  • hugs
  • hugs
  • and bigger hugs
Hope your week is going well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment