Thursday, January 26, 2012

Only 3 days?...yeah right!

So due to Monday being a record keeping day for teachers and my usual Fridays off for now, I was with the kids three days this week.  Two of which I was only there for after school.  How much could really happen in those few days?  Well let me attempt to share them...

  1. A child suspended (for reasons I can't even write on here)
  2. A girl sent home for fleas
  3. Phone lost and then found...in the snowbank 
  4. Ring worm...hopefully it will stay with the child it's currently latched on to.
  5. Birthday celebration with more cupcakes than I have ever seen
  6. The circus coming to our classroom
I know the last one sounds crazy, but you can't imagine how much our  room actually seemed like a circus this morning.  The good thing about that...a lot of laughs happen at the circus.  For example, laughing because the tiniest girl in our room is jumping up and down after solving a math problem. Laughing because of the sweet little grin that happens after a student moves up a level in their benchmark books.  Clapping at the end of a really good story and then finally leaving the circus at the end of the day with a perfect picture made with love as a reminder of what I'm missing over the weekend.

So three days not that much?  Well they seemed like quite a lot.  Those sweet little monsters keep me busy, but I love them...even if it's hard at times.  A lot of people tell me they could never be a teacher...I can't even imagine NOT being a teacher.  Guess it's my calling. I hope you're out there living yours, or in the process of getting there like myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment