Saturday, December 31, 2011

and we're back on in 3-2-1

Okay, so we didn't arrive back to Minnesota last night in exactly a simple 3-2-1, but we did make it back which is the important part. 12 hours and we were walking back in the door. However, when we walked into our house I suggested that we might want to turn around. We walked into the house with a fire alarm going off and then when we went to put Lady's electric fence collar back on it was flashing red.  When Dad got a hold of that fire alarm, I thought it was going to end up like the scene from friends with Phoebe.  If you need a reminder of the scene, you can entertain yourself by clicking here.  He finally got it to be quiet though and it's still sitting on the kitchen table today.  After fixing the fire alarm, he fixed the dog collar.  Then, it was finally time to sit and eat dinner that we picked up from Chipotle on the way home.  If that wasn't enough, mom started to feel sick after dinner.  I guess this all shows that life never really slows down.  


After all this madness, the sun rose again today and with it comes the last day of this year. 

  •  The last day before the year I will get married and become a wife.  
  • The last day before the year I will graduate
  • The last day before the year I will hopefully get my first real grown-up job
  • The last day before the year I will officially move out of the house I have grown up in
Clearly I am excited for tomorrow.  It will mark the start of another exciting year.  Another year in which I have no idea what God has planned in store for me.  So, if you ask me on this day "What am I thinking?"  I am thinking that tomorrow is a very big day! Oh and will mark 202 days until the big day :)


Just a few pics inside the Shupert car ride home...
Clearly we now know who the real princess in the house is.

Watching a movie and playing on the ipod at the same time...clearly too much technology one person should be allowed at one time.
Lady would go stand at the door when she wanted out....I don't think she understood that the van was moving.

She had two blankets, mom's coat, and a pillow she was hording.  I don't think she had it too rough on the drive home considering she took the whole back seat to herself.


Hope you enjoyed the pics :)  Have a wonderful last day of 2011 and I hope the start of your new year is fabulous!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment