As I had posted before, Thursday was Matthew's birthday. So, Friday we got the whole bunch together, plus our friends Jon and Shelley, and celebrated. We also had the most adorable girl Lakin at our house because her parents had some special plans. So what did all this celebration call for? A camera in hand...and a little cake. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
 |
| Lakin finding the greatest fun from a small bucket that she put things in and then took them back out. |
 |
| Not sure what exactly Patrick said, but she looked at him and gave him this funny look I just barely caught on camera. BTW!! Notice the ADORABLE pink converse!!!! Yeah, her mom pretty much rocks!!! |
 |
| Matthew opening the present from Patrick and I. It was the Smurfs movie. Guess he liked it from his expression. |
 |
| Lakin playing with Matthew's tissue paper and wrapping paper. She was so focused on tearing it into little pieces. |
 |
| Matthew seeing his cake for the first time. It had been in secret hiding. |
 |
| The cake...of course it would have the Redwings hockey logo on it. |
 |
| Lakin in her pj's sharing a special moment with Patrick. Playing with the fridge magnets. |
So I know it's kinda sad when there are more pictures of the cute 1 year old than of the birthday boy...but come on she's so stinkin cute!! Needless to say, we had quite a fun night and were all sad when everyone went home. There is nothing better than family and friends though.
Saturday was spent trying to finish up the Christmas shopping with mom, baking a few more cookies, and then helping Patrick Christmas shop. A nice relaxing day, but a cold one!! I will never get used to winter in MN and I will
really never get used to the cold!
Today it's back up to the Urban life for 4 more days!!! I can't wait till winter break! I think us teachers need it as much as the kids if not more!! I'll for sure be sharing later this week all the fun things I'm doing with my kids. Sadly though I cannot take pictures to share.
Have a great week and attempt to stay warm!!
Love knowing she was in such wonderful hands while we were out. I think Patrick's going to make a fantastic father when the time comes. Happy birthday, Matthew!
ReplyDelete