Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Are you sure it wasn't a full moon?

Wow...these past two days I have used every calming down strategy in the book.  I don't know what has happened to my sweet little 6 and 7 year olds (some say winter break coming up) but they have completely forgotten how to act like a human being.  On Tuesday my CT was testing kids in the hall all day, so I thought it may have been me, but since he was in the room all day today, and it was just as bad, I know it wasn't just me!!! Examples may include a circumstance where I'm explaining why it is important to work without talking at this current time and a boy is talking to his friend whilst I'm explaining...UGH!!!  


List of things we relearned in first grade the past two days:
1. Saying Ms. Shupert over and over and over will not get you help any sooner....raising your hand will
2. We walk safely all the time
3. We don't hit
4. We don't punch
5. What good body position is
6. There are consequences for poor behavior
7. How to get to class on time...by not staying at breakfast until it is lunch time
8. We raise our hand instead of blurting shouting screaming out the answer


I really could go on, but I'll spare you.  I keep telling myself that one must have bad days to make the good days that much sweeter, but when you have two bad days in a row you can't help but doubt there is an end in sight.  Despite all this bad though, my CT told me I'm the best student teacher he has had (I'm #5) so that was pretty exciting.  Tomorrow I will have my final observation (by my CT) of the semester.  It will feel so wonderful to have all of them done until I start observations back up in March.  I just have to get through this week and through Thursday next week.  We have a lot of fun things planned for the kids next week...I just hope they survive till then.  


Shout out to Matthew...It's his birthday tomorrow.  The BIG 14!! I can hardly believe it.


Just 2 1/2 weeks till Christmas...hope you've been good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment