Saturday, December 24, 2011

Well sorry to those of you who have been checking my blog saying "when is that girl going to post again?!" (if there are any of you).  I think the busy holiday rush has pushed aside my blog, but I'm okay with that.


Wednesday this last week Patrick and I celebrated not only our last Christmas not being a married couple, but 7 months till the wedding.  Least I say, it was a big day for us.  I got Patrick eggies and a new watch.  He got me...drum roll please...tickets to go see The Lion King at the Orpheum theatre in Minneapolis.  I have to admit that he has got better at giving gifts each time he does it.  I think this is some good news for me ;)  He surprised me by having me open this first...
Then, he goes oh and we're going to go see it at the Orpheum theatre.  At least I can watch the dvd in preparation to see the musical on February 4th!


Thursday I celebrated Christmas with Patrick's family at his house.  We went out to eat at the Green Mill.  I hope our Christmas dinner goes smoother than that dinner.  If you want to go eat there, I don't suggest bringing me along. Almost 100% of the time disaster takes place.  Usually I'm pretty understanding, but we had to buss our own table to say the least.  We made the most of it though and had many laughs throughout the whole night.


Friday = an entire day in the car.  I think this was one of the best trips we have had as far as fighting in the car.  I'll let you guess the worst passenger. Guess here....Lady!!!!  For being the smallest passenger, she sure did take up the most room in the van.  Apparently the only spot for her to get comfortable for all 12 hours was where one would except I should put my feet.  I guess Lady felt otherwise about the location of my feet.


Today was our first full day in Michigan and it was mostly spent at papa and Donna's (Shupert) house celebrating Christmas there.  We played a game for a long time called Left Right Center. You can find the game on Target HERE! It was a great group game.  I think instead of playing the game with chips you could use all sorts of things.  Some people play it as a gambling game, but obviously we didn't play that way.  We ate so much good food, but I know I have to some how find room for all the food we'll eat tomorrow too!!


I hope this got you caught up.  Matthew is just about coming unglued to open all the presents underneath that tree in the morning.  What is that present labeled To: Amanda From: Amanda? It's making everyone so crazy that I think I just might save it for last.  Feel free to take some guesses until it's revealed!!
Have a great Christmas morning with all your family and/or friends!  I'm thankful for each and every one of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment