Friday, October 21, 2011

Parent gone....LET'S GO CRAZY!

And paint some pumpkins.


With mom gone, dad at work, and a wonderful thing called MEA, Matthew and I were the only ones in the house yesterday as well as today.  Being the perfect children we are, we started by doing some major cleaning in the basement and my room.  Then, we did a few things in town and picked up some pumpkins at the end of our travels.  I definitely did a miscalculation though!! They were cheap so being the great big sister I am I figured 2 pumpkins was just not enough...we need 3!! Try to picture this.  A bag full of a few things from the store, and two children (neither all that big) trying to carry 3 quite large pumpkins to the car.  I can't tell a lie, we got some funny stares. Matthew took the bag of groceries and one pumpkin and I attempted to take two pumpkins and carry them by the handle.  Between the laughing because of Matthew laughing at me, the stares I knew I was getting, and the cramping in my hand I got to the first parking slot and had to stop. Matthew ran the first pumpkin to the car and came back to help me.  Hmmm....maybe next time we'll only take as many as we have hands for.


So once we got them home and went to work here is what we came up with.  I think they turned out pretty cool, but I'll let you judge for yourself.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pumpkins. I really want to go paint my own now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate last year and I just did little ones for our apartment last year and that worked really well too :)

    ReplyDelete