Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Excuse me? I don't think I heard you right!

Oh but I did hear that lady right...


Today I went to the district office to fill out paperwork for the after school program.  I went with a fellow student teacher so we could help each other.  The lady went through pages upon pages that we had to fill out.  One of which included a criminal background check because apparently our one for student teaching "wasn't extensive enough." Now, for this background check we have to pay $40, but as I have great news they told us...we don't have to pay it.  No, they simply pull it out of our paycheck for us.  UMM last time I checked that is still my money!!!  I think they should came do after school for $40 worth of time and then tell me it's no big deal.  Trust me I earn that money (Especially today).  Anyway so we continue to fill out pages.  After writing my name and social security number on every single one I decided to count the pages.  I dare you to take a WILD guess...c'mon go crazy.  Ready?  5?  Nope.  8?  Nope. There were 11 packets so therefore it was about 15 pages!!! We were there for almost an hour.  And as if filling out that many pages wasn't enough, we had to get finger printed as well.  At least I had a friend to laugh through it with.  On the last page I didn't even read the sheet because I was so tired.  She laughed pretty hard and figured out what I was signing for the both of us.  


So, what have I figured out?  Working after school in Minneapolis is apparently harder to get into then student teaching (I had to fill out 1 piece of paper and pay $5).  And...always have a good friend to laugh with and keep you on track.


Thankfully all turned out well...except for the dead squirrel in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment