Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Time to Word Vomit

Sorry that title does indeed mean no pictures, but if my purpose of this blog is to let everyone who we have moved away from updated than sometimes that means no pics...just a lot of words, but I hope to humor you a little as well.

It's been awhile in comparison to my usual blogging a few times a week.  As always there's a reason.

I've been kinda a mess.  It turns out this whole not having or getting or any hopes of a job thing is rather difficult to handle.  You slowly run out of things to do at home by yourself all day and start to feel pretty darn worthless.  I went from the most amazing student teaching experience with EVERYONE telling me I would get a job quickly to no one giving me a second glance.  There have been tears...and A LOT of knitting.

So anyone feel severely depressed yet?

I'm sitting on the "couch" (aka futon - yes a real couch is in our 5 year plan ;)  knitting away and my phone rings.  Number = unknown.  I'm guessing it's another political phone call, but I thought I would answer it for kicks.
"Hello is Amanda there?"
"This is."
"Hi this is ____ with Sylvan Learning Center.  Are you still interested in a position?"
Amanda say something.  Anything.  YES!  Amanda she is waiting for you to say something.  "Yes".
"Great, can you come in for an interview at 10am tomorrow?"
What?! Tomorrow?! Did they call the right person? She's waiting for a response.  "Yes that would be great.

Once I could put my thoughts together, I also asked her more about the position and it would be part-time tutoring. Tues-Thurs 4-7 and Sat 9-1.  So, this is actually an amazing answer to prayer if I get the job.  Because 1. I would be getting my foot in the door 2. They have kept my information on file for over a month! So they must like me and 3. I could possibly stay here if I do get another job.  It's SOMETHING!  Also with this kind of job I will probably be getting an answer back pretty quick.

God put a few verses in my lap today.  This guy Agur is talking to God.
Proverbs 30:8-9 "Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say who is the Lord or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God."

Now, I'm not planning on disowning God anytime soon, but the part of not wanting to be rich or poor.  I love it.  I have to believe maybe God will allow me to get this part-time job to take off some stress, but not let us get too comfortable either.

On Sunday, our church sang "Came to my Rescue." (see lyrics below if you don't know it).  It's an amazing song.  I soaked in it.  God is holding Patrick and I's little home and lives in His hands.  It's a scary journey filled with tears and frustration, but also joy and laughter.

God I think this job could be the one.  I really really would love to have it.  If it is Your will, I pray I get it and I promise I will work my hardest and be thankful for it every minute of every day.

Any prayers are appreciated tomorrow at 10am and for the waiting after!!!! Thanks for reading!!


"Came to My Rescue" - Hillsong United
Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life
I place in your hands
God of Mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

No comments:

Post a Comment