Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tomorrow is cancelled...and officially cupcake day!

So you and I both thought this post would be not very upbeat to say the least.  Prepare to be wrong!!!  Tuesday morning I come to find out not only am I getting out at least an hour earlier than I originally thought, but also we are now making Thursdays teaching in our classrooms as well; however, the best news is that this doesn't begin till next week.  Result of all this good news Tuesday morning...Amanda gets home, like Byron MN home, on Wednesday at 1:00!!!!!!!!  How great is that.  Going from a 3 day weekend to a 4 days weekend is pretty tough.  ;)  And because we have Fridays as "work days" weekends to ourselves, we will always have 3 day weekends.  Today one of my professors pretty much made fun of all the student teachings who are still located in St Cloud, because not only do we have way better class hours, get to be in our classrooms with our CT's more, but we are also getting much better information in our methods classes (meaning more discussions with wiser profs and less homework)!!!  Urban Block was clearly the best choice.

Best story of my past two days follows....yesterday I had to go to my school to go to a meeting after school.  I got there with about 10 minutes left in the day (to beat the buses to the school) and as I walked into the room I instantly had a swarm of 1st graders hugging me.  My CT then says to me, "get in there and talk to them.  They've been asking about you all day long."  I honestly have never felt love like I did from these adorable 6 year olds.  I can't even describe how wonderful it felt to know that they missed me and wanted me back...even after having to discipline them.  I was born a teacher and I'm so thankful :)

So since I have little to no homework I was sitting in the condo last night watching Cupcake Wars as any good sweets loving girl would do and then as I sat and watched I remembered why I can't watch that show...I begin to CRAVE cupcakes.  Because I'm so darn smart you have to hear my solution to this problem.  Do I turn off the show?  NO!! I do the wise thing and call mom to get the ingredients to make Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Laffy Taffy Frosting on my now day off. (click on link to see recipe) I haven't actually made these myself yet, but I have eaten them as my dear Emily's bridal shower and they were AAA-MAZING!  I'll have to let you know how it goes. Hopefully they turn out something like the picture below. :)



WISH ME LUCK!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow and try some!! I'm so glad God has shown you so quickly that this was the right choice for your last year. I love having you home more, but also know its going to make it a little bit harder to say goodbye next July!!

    ReplyDelete