Friday, September 16, 2011

One order of candy with extra sugar please...

I'm kinda like a kid already on a sugar high shopping in a candy shop.  (If you didn't read my last post, I was to teach almost all day Thursday).  Thursday morning as I was walking around our classroom fixing everything up and waiting for the perfect behaving students to arrive, I was saying to myself, "I have no idea what I'm doing!" HOWEVER, if you would have walked into our classroom between 8:15 and 10:10 you wouldn't have know I was just thinking that. Everything went so well.  I had one student test me when my CT left the room, but he quickly remembered who was in charge ;) (I may have helped him out just a little.) Then when I ended math my CT wrapped it all up for me.  In front of all the kids he told them how lucky they were to have me as a teacher, they clapped for me, and he went on and on.  Then after the kids were gone he told me he was talking to him mom (she volunteers in his room sometimes) about how natural teaching clearly is for me and to his guy teacher friends about how organized I am.  Seriously he just kept going on.  I told you I feel like I'm on some kind of sugar high.


 During reading however I was quickly brought back to earth as we had to tell one two students to take the plastic bag off their head, which naturally led to a 5 minute discussion on suffocation.  My CT: "You can't put a bag on your head because then you will die and you CAN'T die on MY watch" Child: HUGE EYES!!!  It took everything I had not to bust out laughing.  (announcer voice) Are you looking for a career that will keep you on your toes and never knowing what will happen next....BE A TEACHER!!!


Tomorrow shall be filled with lots of excitement as my mom and I are watching the little monster who decided my mini muffins went perfect with her breakfast yogurt this morning. (aka Lakin).  I seriously didn't not have the option of not sharing with her once she saw them!! We are also going to a purse party...I need to forget my wallet at home so I'm not so tempted.


Have a GrEaT weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment