Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Craze

Well another Christmas has come and gone.  Although Christmas always seems special and fun and my favorite holiday, this Christmas held special moments and new traditions as we learned how to be married and celebrate with everyone at the same time.  Was I nervous for how everything would pan out?  Maybe.  Did I have anything to be nervous about?  NOPE!  We got to see everyone on Christmas day and eat more than I can believe.  Pretty perfect if you ask me. We celebrated the day with Patrick's family, my family, and even our beloved Jaeger family.

Poor Lady...The boys wrapped up a treat and she couldn't get it.

Mom opening some dishcloths I made her

The huge box would have been more exciting if he didn't already know what was inside.

Matthew at the start of his scavenger hunt to get his new hockey bag.

Getting the clue out of Lady's dog house.

Christmas was a little overwhelming for poor Lady

Mom's beautiful Christmas dinner table

Bennet and I found some time for snuggles admist his hard day of tears.

Lakin opening our gift of 1000 stickers!!  Yes that's a lot of little stickers for Mom and Dad to find around the house!

She was soo happy!

Showing off her tutu from "Lady."  She had two red tutus on at this point.  Girl can never get enough tutus
 In Shupert fashion we also spent our fair share of time at the hockey rinks all across Minnesota as well.  The team won 4 of the 5 games we were home for and Matthew kept up his scoring streak.  Can't ask for much more!




Patrick and I went to his best friend's gig to kick off the new year.  It was quite an interesting crowd but with the help of Patrick's brother we made the best of it!
Take notice...Hot new boots!!  Thanks mom and dad!
So now it's January 2nd (almost 3rd) and we have made it back to the land of Chicago where there is NO SNOW!  Not a drop people!  Although it was really hard leaving everyone once again, driving back, and unpacking, the routine must start again sometime! We were so blessed to have a perfect first Christmas.  Here's to hoping 2013 brings fun new surprises and challenges no bigger than we can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment