I never have liked them very much. Not sure if it's the long, torturous time it takes to go up the clanking rail (that I'm sure is about to fall apart any minute) or if it's the going down where my stomach and all other organs in my body suddenly end up in my mouth, but I usually can only handle those baby roller coasters. Pepsi coaster at camp snoopy anyone?
Life is a lot like a roller coaster. Up and down. Down and up. It always seems to be one or another.
Up - Going home at Christmas
Down - Coming back and having to buy groceries...seriously we have tax on our groceries here!!! Ugh
Up - Getting a job at Huntington in 24 hours
Down - A month later they "don't have a job for me" after having not gotten one minute of work (No you didn't miss anything. I never posted about this because I was too upset.)
Up - Notre Dame getting into the National Championship game
Down - If they lose tonight
Up - Getting everything in order to take the MTLE...again (Jan 18th)
Down - Having to pay the registration fee on top of the test fee once again because it only lasts for a year
Up - Starting to knit myself a sweater
Down - Making a mistake and realizing exactly how long this is going to take!
I recently have had a few other Ups happen. Upon our return I found out about a new Bright Horizons that is opening right here in Hyde Park. I found where to apply and quickly sent in my application. You may remember me applying here before. I had a first stage phone interview that went great, but the location just didn't need me. That same person I had an interview with invited me to an invitation only event for people interested in working at this new location. I GOT IN! Jan 24th I'll be putting my best foot forward in hopes for a job with them. The second up was another opening that I stumbled upon. It is for the same very first position I applied for in June. A teaching assistant.
Both of these Up's in my roller coaster ride have me hopeful for more work once again. I'm not begging for your prayers (even though they are so so so greatly appreciated), but instead am resting in the fact that it's all in God's hands. If either one of these Up's are leading to a Down in the near future, then it wasn't meant to be.
Hope your own roller coaster is treating you well!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment