Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Writing...Hesitantly

I hemmed and hawed about writing this down.  On one hand I don't want to be a downer on anyone's day on the other hand I view this blog as one way to keep memories and this has got to be in the books and I also value any prayers that may come as a result of this blog (boy does this girl need them!).

I wrote a little while ago about "The Beast" aka our radiator.  It bangs...all day...all night...ever...so...LOUDLY!!!!  It causes us to not sleep.  When I say not sleep I don't mean one night of lousy sleep.  I mean up all night long for multiple nights in a row.  When do we sleep?  We finally sleep when we have not slept so many nights in a row and are finally so exhausted that we are able to sleep through it. I'm pretty sure the L(train) could come through our bedroom and I would sleep through it. I am actually thankful that I don't have a full time job because I don't know how I would be able to do it.  On the days I have to work, it's not until later in the day and it's only for a few hours.

Speaking of work...I said (a long time ago) I got hired at Hunting Learning Center.  I still haven't had any hours in the books with them.  Why you might ask? Good question I'm still trying to figure it out for myself.  I have called and called and they have had a serious lack of calling back.  I have been promised a phone call each day this week from them and have not had a single one.  They are having problems getting everything scheduled with the schools I guess but that is the complete extent of information I know.  With all their lack of information I am also nervous how many hours a week I'm actually going to get from them.  This obviously leads to financial worry that I try EVER SO HARD to not have as I know it's in God's hands.  UGH!

Speaking of hands...maybe some people on our floor are missing them because every time I go to do laundry people have their laundry just sitting in the washer or dryer for hours on end.  Okay I know a pretty sad complaint.  But when you have all this stuff piling up, it's the little things that make you pop.

I cannot wait for the day we are able to look back at this blog entry and say, "CAN YOU BELIEVE WE SURVIVED"...okay actually I just hope we do survive.  We heard a message on Sunday about how Christmas makes your highs higher and your lows lower.  Even though Patrick and I have a huge high as it is our FIRST Christmas sharing together, we have so many lows I'm trying to push away.

So there is my downer for the night.  I know there are people that have it worse than us.  I know we have an endless amount of things to be thankful for.  But sometimes...just sometimes your heart can get pretty heavy and you can feel like everything is falling apart.  Tonight is just one of those nights.  I guess it probably can only go up from here though right?

No comments:

Post a Comment