Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's tough being the good luck charm

This weekend was full of hockey! First, Saturday afternoon I went to my brother's hockey game against Albert Lea. They were excepted to come out on top and they did.  Final score was 5 to 3.  Matt did great and almost had a goal.  Second, Saturday night Patrick and I surprised Matt after the game and informed him we were taking him to the St Cloud State vs. Mankato hockey game.  After fixing a few problems, the game was AWESOME!  I have pictures to prove it. The start of the game says it all though.  At the start of the whistle, St Cloud took the first two shots and made both of them. 2 to 0 isn't a bad way to start.
All set for the start in our St Cloud gear! Aww too cute!
Ticket 
BOOO!!! The opponents
Matt got a puck during warm ups!
The KVSC boys...doing what they do best!
Celebrating a goal (I think this was the second one)
Let's Go Huskies!!!
Final score and shots on goal.  Notice we have a little over half but still won the game!
So after all that fun, Matt had another hockey game tonight (Sunday night) against New Ulm.  They have been known to be very physical, and they were!! There were lots of scary hits, but I was so proud of our boys.  They were either tied or in the lead throughout the whole game! I guess when it was tied at the end of the second period the coach said to skate harder or he would have them do it later.  Hmm if that isn't motivation I don't know what it.  The boys ended up winning 4 to 3.  Now, if that isn't exciting enough, Matt got the play of the game!! I was so proud of him.  He skated his butt off to keep a guy from scoring.  So, like I said it's tough being the good luck charm, because now I have to be at every game!


Although this weekend was great and a lot of fun, I can't help but have a heavy heart.  We found out at church today about a 12 year old boy from our church that got in ATV accident yesterday and went on life support.  The family found out that Hunter wasn't going to be able to pull through. There is another family that I had been following from some friends who's baby boy, Jude, just recently died after 67 days. As I have all this fun with my family, celebrate my brother's dreams coming true, and plan for the wedding of my dreams, there are children going to be with their Father in Heaven what we believe is far too soon (even though we trust it is God's plan) and families whose hearts must ache more than I could ever imagine.  Please keep these families in your prayers.  I don't know what God's plan for me is, but these stories remind me to take every day as a sweet treasure.


Have a treasure filled week!! <3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment