Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting older

Every minute of every day we grow older.  Today I think I passed this usual time elapse by a lot!!  You never know what a student is going to say...Example A: "Ms. Shupert, are you 40 years old?" HAHA!!  Finally!! Someone who thinks I'm older than 16.  I had to tell this student he was my favorite at that moment.  Another student than said, "No, she's 29 years old."  See told you I have the best class ever! Older than 16 and I decrease age in a matter of seconds.  During this time my supervisor had come in because I had my second observation today.  A student goes up to her and goes, "I bet you're 32."  My supervisor just had to look at him and say I wish I was.  I don't think the little boy understood why she wished that by the look on his puzzled face as he walked away.  I decided to end this crazy conversation by saying I would never tell and it would be a secret forever.  I think they were a little bummed.


Speaking of my second observation, I never shared how my first one went let alone my one today.  Short and sweet, they both went excellent to say the least.  She raved about my management because it is simply woven into my teaching.  She also expressed how things she is sure will be complete chaos before we do them, are always controlled and go smoothly.  She said many wonderful things about me, but really she should have been complimenting God on His job creating me.  I am so thankful God made my calling clear, that I am able to go to college and follow this dream, and for making me a wonderful teacher.  Yes, I do work hard on creating what I can only hope will be the perfect lesson,  but since I don't even realize I do some of the things I get complimented on, one can only point the finger to the One who made me. 


Satan makes it pretty hard sometimes though.  He filled my head with a lot of doubt before my lesson today, no matter how many times my CT told me I have nothing to worry about.  He also has had his hands at work on over half the other student teachers who say I go around bragging about my good observations. (I have only talked to one of these people) These student teachers are the ones getting not so good observations by the way. I'm truly sorry that not everyone can get great observations, but this cannot be taken out on me!  I ask that you pray that I can rise above the drama these teachers are trying to create and that these teachers may not feel hurt by me.  I am willing to do whatever I can to help them if they need it as a friend and fellow ST (I ask for help ALL the time), but by the lasers shooting into my eyes as I walk down the hall they don't tell me I have friends.  My CT backs me up though whenever someone says something, so I am thankful for him. I just ask for your prayers tonight as you count sheep.  


It's Friday soon!!! We can make it people :)  

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Amanda. Drama comes and goes, and it's everywhere. No need to worry about it; seems trivial when you look at the scheme of life. God has your back!

    Thought you might like this qoute:

    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't."~ Anatole France

    ReplyDelete