I have spent so many posts informing you all of my many many countdowns. Well this post might surprise you in a few different ways...
Patrick spent Sunday evening and Monday exploring all that the Chicago University program has to offer him. He called me to start telling me all about it. I have never heard my husband-to-be so inspired and excited. I have never been more proud of him in these few minutes of talking. His dreams are coming true right before his eyes. He's going to be working with the #2 film scholar who is currently traveling the world due to his greatness. This new adventure for him (and myself) sounds almost too good to be true.
I have 3 more days to finish my 10 consecutive days and just 13 more days of student teaching before I'm walking across a stage in front of hundreds of people to receive my fake diploma. College is soon going to become an old thing of the past for me. It's weird. This whole year I have been soo anxious to graduate, but the closer I get to graduation the more I have this feeling of "great now what?" Patrick had described this feeling last year and now I am finally able to understand. Kids turn 5 and go to kindergarten. Kids get older and go to middle school. They grow even more and enter into high school. For kids like myself you simply know your next path will be college. All these steps have been set in place for me. And now...the path is not so "set in stone" so to speak. I hope I can still find this anxious excitement of graduating once again on May 5th.
As Patrick and I continue to get so so close to life together (just 95 days...okay maybe I'm still counting) we are seeing how God has had a hand over everything starting so long ago. For some crazy crazy reason I knew I was suppose to be doing this Urban Block in Minneapolis. So completely out of the box for this small town girl. Now I am able to see this Urban Block was a necessity to move to Chicago. I now have confidence that I can move to the inner city and get a job and BE GOOD AT IT! I had my final observation today...#12. My supervisor was pretty much in awe of how perfect the lesson went. She was impressed to say the least. God gave me this gift and I'm trying to not take it for granted. Another God thing. Although the disappointment of Patrick not getting into a grad school last year was very large and real, he would not be about to start an amazing program at the University of Chicago with amazing people. If Patrick got offered money at Iowa, we would have gone! God gave him one choice and that was Chicago. If our pastor in St. Cloud would have been available, we would not be getting the most AMAZING premarital counseling that feels like it was designed just for us. God is making all our choices clear and right. Although I'm scared and stressed a little (okay maybe kinda a lot) about what the future holds. I'm confident that God is in control and guiding us step by step. He has not given us any more than we can handle (and trust me right now that isn't a lot! haha).
Thanks for reading and for following me along on this amazing adventure in my life. I started this blog right before my first day of student teaching. I can't believe that I am where I am now. Any prayers that have been sent up for me or my loved ones on this journey have not only been appreciated but felt. I simply ask for continued prayers as I seriously start to look and start to apply (as of tonight) for jobs. All this school has led to this moment...no pressure though ;)
Have a great night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment