Monday, April 9, 2012

New Countdowns

Although my spring break felt fast and too soon to be over, life goes on and eventually teachers enjoying their spring breaks have to come to terms with this reality.  As spring break wrapped up Sunday evening for many teachers like myself, a new batch of countdowns in my world began. 


The largest countdown at the moment...my 10 consecutive days.  The largest requirement of our last block/semester of student teaching is that you plan, teach, and do all the duties for 10 consecutive days.  Today I marked the start of mine.  It was a very smooth day considering the students did not get 9 days to "enjoy with family" but instead 9 days to forget EVERYTHING we have taught up to this point.  I was impressed with my kiddos to say the least.  I only had one student who forgot everything, but he didn't really know it all before leaving for break in the first place anyway. Who knows maybe I'll get this teacher thing down after all.  


Countdown list: (Counting today, because it's not quite yet over)


Consecutive Days left: 9 days (today is done)
Graduation: 26 days
Next bridal shower: 40 days
Camp Starts again: 63 days...fyi I just got hired as a new preschool lead teacher if you didn't hear, pretty cool :)
Mrs. Amanda Sullivan: 103 days...heck yes that is right, we are almost to double digits.  When you start at 499 that doesn't seem like it can be possible already.  But invites are already being put through the Amanda assembly line and getting ready to arrive at your front door in just about a month!

Hope these countdowns get you even half as excited as they do me!!! Obviously I count days now instead of sheep to help me fall alseep!
Counting days away,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Ok not gonna lie...26 days till you graduate college freaks me out! It seems like just yesterday I was wondering how I was ever going to leave you all the way in St Cloud by yourself!! And I can't wait till we are counting down to your wedding in just double digits!! It's getting more fun to think about all the time. I just know with all the work you and Patrick are putting into this day it will be special in so many ways. Dad and I couldn't be any prouder of you kiddo :) Love you bunches Bug!

    ReplyDelete