Dear Sweetheart,
You have officially been with me for 40 weeks now. I asked your daddy the other night how you would instantly know I was your mama upon arriving and he quickly reminded me that if you've lived inside of me for this long, you should know. I know you'll instantly know your daddy's voice too. He was telling you the other morning that your mama was done and you needed to come out and then you immediately kicked his hand...guess you were telling him no.
I want to meet you and hold you in my arms so badly. I heard about another mama though that lost her baby after a month because he was born too early. I'm trying to remind myself there is a reason you want to still be tucked up inside. I also think about how much easier it is to keep you safe inside me than it will be once you enter this world. And if you're anything like your mama, you know it's much warmer in there than this crazy place with "Minnesota winters" we're making you live in.
Today Daddy and I get to see you inside me again just to make sure you're still okay. It reminds me of the first time we got to see you moving all around and found out that you were a sweet little girl. From that moment you already had yourself wrapped around daddy's finger. I am excited to see if we will be able to tell who you might look like when you come!
So basically baby girl we really want you here but we also want you to be safe and healthy. We are all so excited to meet you and hold you and give you an excessive amount of kisses! I think I know 17 third graders that are dying to see you too! Feel free to come the second you are ready!
Love you baby girl!
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment