Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I knew I should have stayed home

I got in a fight this morning....with a wall.  You might have seen it on facebook or instagram.  I had this strong feeling while driving to work, not 5 minutes later, that I should have called in.  Then again what does one say to their principal....I uh didn't want to turn on the lights to run upstairs quick because I didn't want to disturb my husband and then I ran straight into a corner.  Also in case you've never heard this one....it's more work for a teacher to call-in than to just be there.  Suck it up girl and just keep driving.  Oh and don't take that ice off...yes I'm vain and was concerned about how large this bruise was going to end up.

If you are thinking to yourself that my decision to not turn that car around was a bad choice...you might have been right.  While I did have what I believe to be a productive meeting this morning...the day was only getting started.
"Dang Mrs. Sullivan"
"No Mrs. Sullivan"
"I don't have to listen to you Mrs. Sullivan"

Long story short the day ended with myself and all the students still alive, and one two three students suspended for tomorrow.  Now, since all three of these students have been suspended 2-3 other times in the past two weeks it got me thinking.  1. Is this working? 2. Do they hate me? 3. Am I teaching them anything? These kids need so much help in so many different ways.  I wish there was 14 of me....wait 15 of me....one for each student and an extra to make copies and file.

Three suspensions was clearly not enough though.  Yesterday we were suppose to have our new printer delivered.  Since no one was home, the delivery man called Patrick and let me know that he was bringing it back to the store that we had ordered it at because no one was home. I get it, no big deal.  So later last night we went to the store...no printer.  We figured he just didn't drop it off and yet and it would be there tomorrow.  So today I got off school and called the store to make sure it was there before I drove there.  No printer.  I get home.  No printer.  I call them back and they tell me that the printer has shown up as being delivered...to our house.  I'm standing in my house right now and there is no printer here.  Uh...don't think so, try again.  We then called the number back of the delivery man who called Patrick yesterday.  Now his story is that he brought it back to his office and someone brought it to office depot in who knows where.  Great news....let me just start calling every office depot.  We found this delivery company and called them.  They eventually figured out that it was currently being shipped to the USA's office depot main warehouse....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We need to go back to the store and reorder it. Patrick calmly freaked out...he was brilliant.  Obviously we don't want you to deal with our item again because you are a shipping company and have yet to ship it somewhere where we can get it!  She put him on hold....
"Sir, I have suddenly found your box in our warehouse.  
We will send it out with someone and should arrive before 7."
Yup, that's what I thought.  

Needless to say the evening ended with a wonderful trip to WhichWich....if you have not had the opportunity to eat dive into one of these sandwiches, I'm sorry to inform you that you are missing out.  I am opening up our spare room to anyone that needs to drive two minutes down the road from us to experience the goodness....No joke

So there it is.  Props to you if you got to the end....you might now understand why I should have turned the car around.  Oh well, I survived...and maybe just these type of days make us better because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment