Monday, September 16, 2013

Game Time

Life Lesson: You gotta know the right people.
Does it help that this person this last weekend just happened to be my father-in-law?  Just maybe.  He got free tickets to Sunday's Packers home opener game.  Am I a huge Packer fan?  No.  Actually...not at all. But this girl is all about a good time and it sounded fun. Here's how this experience went down...
Drive downtown to pick up Patrick after work...Yes...Downtown CHICAGO...Yes...I may have peed  myself a little...Yes...I almost died. This is why we take the bus people!! Meet up with in-laws in Oshkosh to stay overnight. Wake up to pouring rain. Eat Breakfast in hotel.  Sit in traffic...sit in traffic...sit in traffic. Drip Drip Drip...still raining.  Park. Walk in pouring rain to gate with umbrella and very non-rainproof shoes.  Security guy takes umbrella and throws in trashcan...fail.  
Just when I thought I was going to breakdown...we sat down and the sun came out.  We had perfect seats.  No rain, wet shoes and socks, or thrown away umbrella was going to ruin this for me.  I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking...

Why yes, this is Aaron Rodgers and very little zoom was required!





Lambeau leap...We got to see this a lot

The view straight out from our seats...about the 40 yard line row 29.

Sporting our free Packers sunglasses
They ended up winning 38-20.  It was fun to be on the winning team at their home field opener with amazing seats for my very first game. I'm so thankful for this experience. 

Bonus: 
Life gets pretty crazy busy around here so here are some bonus pictures from our lovely labor day





Thanks for reading...Hope you have a great week! The good news is Monday is over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment