Those of you that have followed this blog from the beginning know that the terrifying start of my student teaching was why I created the blog. After a few tear-filled entries, this blog was soon filled with stories to entertain. Although my current job is not my passion and I will not be here forever I had a small breakthrough moment today worth sharing.
After a very hard week....and it's only Wednesday, God threw a little humor in my co-teacher and my's week. I must get back to sharing these funny stories and looking at them for what they are...the glimpses of sunshine during what feels like a storm.
The back wall of our classroom is right next to our bathroom so it makes for a perfect place for kids to line up against while waiting for their turn. As we were all lined up and taking turns later in the day, I was talking to the boys at the end of the line who were feeling it was the perfect moment to start shouting loudly. All of a sudden I hear,
"Miss Amanda, MISS Amanda, MISS AMANDA! Look at _____"
Upon my looking I saw a little one standing in line covered in what was at one point in time his lunch. Now, my co-teacher and I already have discussed multiple times that I DO NOT do puke. I do anything else but that. So as I called her name I walked to the other side of the room casually. The boy obviously needed new clothes and I thought that was the perfect excuse to get away from the smell. I know don't you wish you were my co-teacher? Not one minute after I started walking in the opposite direction do I hear my co-teacher,
"OH NO YOU DON'T"
I turn around to see another child (let's call him George), next to the one already covered in his lunch, dry heaving. My co-teacher grabbed a hold of him and quickly pulled him into the bathroom and said,
"If you're going to puke, you do it in the toilet"
So now let's recap: my co-teacher is currently in the bathroom with two kids puking, all other 13 kids at that moment are still shouting in line, and Miss Amanda is by the phone trying to call the office but cannot because I can't stop laughing. That's when my co-teacher says,
"All of you, get a book and sit on the carpet"
Thank goodness we practiced quiet reading time in the past. I take a few deep breathes and finally called the office. The first puking boy's dad ending up coming five minutes later just because it was his usual pick-up time. And then George got away from the smell and started to feel better.
So, what have we learned? When someone pukes and Miss Amanda walks away...she now will be taking "George" with her because he doesn't do well with the smell.
We ended up not going to the gym because of all the events that made us run out of time. I chose to read a quiet story to everyone instead. Every time I looked in "George's" direction I couldn't help but giggle.
You really never know what a day is going to hold! Hope you could share a laugh with me today!
No comments:
Post a Comment