Saturday, May 11, 2013

Failed Attempt

On Wednesday this past week, my preschool class all grabbed onto our walking rope and made our walk a couple blocks down the street to a nearby pond.  We had heard that baby ducks had just hatched and we of course wanted all our little ones to share in this learning experience.  When we first got to the pond, we couldn't find them.  Oh No!  All I could think was I just got 15 preschoolers extremely wound up and now they aren't going to see them! This is now going to be THE LONGEST DAY EVER! But, after some patience and watchful eyes, WE FOUND THEM!  We spent nearly an hour at the pond because the kiddos were so entertained...yes I said it.  We had 15 three and four year olds entertained for an hour!

So, naturally I come home and tell Patrick all about them.  We decided he would meet me after work Friday to go see them again.  Especially since I no longer would find myself there with a bunch of kids whose parents believed I was responsible for.  Friday morning I had myself put together before leaving for work, if you can believe that, and I actually remembered my camera. 4:30 hits and I'm out the door.  Patrick meets me and we walk to the pond.  We look.  And look.  And look some more.  There were no ducks.  We are pretty sure it was too cold and windy for them to be out.  Fail! :(

Am I glad this failure happened with the hubs rather than the kiddos...Yes!
Do I feel bad you read this and get to see no pics....Yes!
Are we going to try again on a warmer day so I can share the cuteness...For sure!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment