Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fun through the eyes of a poor quality camera

Wow, what a busy past few days we have had.  I thought I would share some of the fun stuff we have been up to and a few (camera on my phone) pics.  Yes, they're sad quality because my camera goes through batteries so fast and I ran out! 

First up, V-Day.  Best part of the day was our fun dinner.  I had everything ready to go so we could eat when I got back from work.  The hubby surprised me though and dressed all fancy and had candles on the table and romantic music on the record player.

Fun, bubbly drinks!
Salad with heart shaped veggies!
Dessert, individual strawberry trifles!  So good!!!
Next up, Patrick's parents came to Chicago for the weekend to help celebrate Patrick's birthday and share with all my exciting news I have had to share.  Saturday we went to the Museum of Science and Industry.  Patrick and I could not believe this amazing place was just 4 blocks away from our quiet neighborhood.  Sunday we did a bunch of exploring in the loop downtown which involved showing off our sweet bus system.  
Scaled model of Seattle and Downtown Chicago at the museum.  SOOOO amazing.
I had heard about this chick hatchery at the museum from a sweet little 2 year old I know so it was a must see!  We didn't see one come out but we saw them poking their beaks through.  We didn't stay since it takes 4-6 hours.  
Ones that had already been hatched and moved to a different spot.  They would run like crazy then just drop down and fall asleep.
They had a special Charlie Brown exhibit we went to.  Hmm maybe I was his inspiration!
Sunday we went to the Hershey store.  I got a Hershey Mocha.  I was a little disappointed but it was still pretty good.

Sunday night we ate at the Sweetwater Tavern and Grille and Patrick got what I believe is one of the worlds tallest burgers.  He had to take off the onion rings just to get it in his mouth!
We have had such a busy past few days but filled with lots of new adventures and plenty of fun.  I even had fun in the very cold weather, but I can't lie I did keep thinking I wish it was warm I wish it was warm and then I would start calculating how much longer till the warm months would start.  So back to real life it is.  Lucky for me real life means I go start my paperwork for Bright Horizons tomorrow....never thought I'd be so (UNBELIEVABLY) excited to do paperwork!!!  Hope the start of your week is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment