Exactly one year ago I found myself in the bathroom (I know stick with me here..) I found myself there staring at a little white stick. I had done this quite a few times before, but this morning seemed different I just knew it. While I'm staring, my husband knocks and comes in thinking I'm just getting ready as usual until he sees me...staring...at that little white stick. We now find ourselves both staring. And Waiting. For what seems like an eternity. And then the word appears...
PREGNANT
When one is both trying to get pregnant and almost a week late it shouldn't come as a surprise and yet if you were in that bathroom you probably would have seen a look of shock on our faces. And with the words "now what," our journey began.
Just a few days before I had found myself at a good Friday service. I was sitting in front of a cross with tears streaming down my face. Begging. Telling God that more than anything I just wanted to be a mom. Little did I know, he had already answered my cry before it left my lips.
One year later. Tonight. I snuggled the little girl that God answered my cry with. I rocked her extra long, gave her extra kisses, and tucked her in extra tight. Being a mom is hard and utterly exhausting (I seriously don't even remember what a full night's sleep feels like). But being Nora's mommy is the best thing that has every happened to me. I didn't know it was possible to love a human being so much. But for one year now, my love for that little girl has just grown stronger every day.
I love you Miss Nora Kay and I thank God for you every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment